Shared Services – FLR Bluejeans – FAQ
(additional support is available at http://bluejeans.com/support)
To Schedule a Meeting
- Complete the “Schedule Meeting” form.
- List participants to receive an email invitation, including yourself.
- Click the Schedule button to save the meeting.
- Your scheduled meeting is now ready for access.
To reduce/eliminate echo (or audio feedback)
- Avoid dialing into the meeting from a telephone in the same room with your video endpoint (browser, lync, room system, etc.).
- Use the audio portion of that endpoint to talk and listen, instead of dialing into the meeting from a telephone.
- Similar issue if multiple computers/room system endpoints are in the same room. Only one device should be used for speaker and mic (all others should be muted).
- If using built in speakers in your laptop:
- Lower the speaker volume, or
- Add an external speaker with built-in echo cancellation. Place speakers far away from the laptop mic and reduce volume to a comfortable level.
- If using an external microphone, move the microphone away about a foot away from the speakers.
- Adjust your mic/speaker settings from your computer control panel:
- Reduce or turn off the microphone boost option.
- Disable all speaker (playback) enhancements (see picture below).
- Avoid typing on an unmuted mic and step back from the laptop when using handsfree mode.
- Some computers have an echo cancellation feature but it could be compromised on high CPU load. Closing a few processes can help enable that feature.
- If nothing else works, using a headset or headphones instead of speakers will eliminate echo.
Sharing content and presentations
- From a Web Browser, click “share screen” icon, then click the “Share my screen” bar.
- From h.323 room systems, connect your laptop to the room system via VGA/DVI/HDMI interface. Click the “Content” button to start sharing.
- From Lync, select “Share” from the Lync menu bar, then select desired content to share from desktop. Content appears in content window and far-end video can be seen in the Lync video window. Local video window is also visible and can be moved if desired.
Want To Request A Host Username? Click Here To Request A Host
Already Scheduled a Meeting? Click Here To Retrieve Host Information